London’s flagship in-depth beer discovery walking tour based on the famous Bermondsey Beer Mile, running in the historic brewing heartlands of London since 2014. You will visit a selection of the best local microbreweries in the area on a walking tour of around four hours in total. Most tours are led by expert guide, beer writer and sommelier Des de Moor, author of London’s Best Beer, Pubs and Bars.
Duration: 4.5 hours (approx)
Group Size: 12 max (approx)
Meeting Point: Southwark Brewery, 46 Druid Street, London SE1 2EZ
Dates and times: Most Saturdays at 12 midday. Check availability to see individual dates.
- Discover Bermondsey’s craft beer scene and brewing history.
- Go behind the scenes in two breweries with expert guides to talk you through the brewing process.
- Visit at least four breweries and taprooms with tastings at all stops.
Discover some of the best Bermondsey breweries on this tour in London. Hear about the history of brewing in the area and the modern day ‘craft beer’ boom kicked off by the Kernel Brewery in 2009.
You’ll enjoy an walking tour with at least four brewery visits on route from the top of the Bermondsey Beer Mile at Southwark Brewery, to close to the end at Partizan. Overall it’s an easy walk of around 1.6 miles or 2.5 km.
Enjoy tastings of different beers styles on your journey, mostly in the atmospheric surrounds of characteristic railway arch taprooms. Go behind the scenes to discover what goes into making great beer, as explained by our expert guide and the brewers themselves.
There are now so many breweries along this short stretch of railway we can’t hope to visit them all. The breweries we visit may vary according to availability, but we always aim to offer a varied experience from traditional cask beer to cutting edge contemporary craft beer, and from some of the smallest to some of the largest operators, nearly all of them independent businesses with strong links to the local community.
Currently the tour includes a brewery visit with the team at Southwark Brewery and later a closer look at the brewing kit at Partizan. Please note that stops can change depending on the day visited due to external factors such as special events taking place.
At these, and other stops we will taste a wide range of beer styles and hear about the history of brewing in the area.
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- Expert guiding including beer recommendations
- Your beer tastings
WHAT TO BRING
- Passport or photo ID
- Comfortable shoes
- Dress appropriate for the weather
You must be 18 or over to join this tour.
Sorry, but we can’t accept under-18s in any circumstances and reserve the right to ask for proof of age.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This is a tasting and discovery tour aimed at people who want to learn a little more about London brewing and discover new beers in convivial company.
- All venues on the tour have step-free access and several have accessible toilets, though there are occasional kerbs along our route.
- At least one tasting at each stop, depending on beers available on the day.
- There is no scheduled lunch break, though there are limited opportunities to buy street food along the way.
- The start at Southwark Brewery is 0.5 miles (0.8 km), 10-15 minutes walk, from London Bridge station: follow St Thomas Street and Druid Street.
- We aim to reach the last stop by 16:00 hrs (4 pm): please allow at least half an hour to finish your drinks if planning a later appointment.
- The tour finishes close to South Bermondsey National Rail station and bus stops with frequent services to Underground and Overground stations.
- Des hosts most tours but some may occasionally be hosted by similarly expert and experienced guides.