Thanks to the fantastic folk down at Hukins Hops near the beautiful Kent village of Tenderden, we are holding a number of special tours at the hop farm. Escape the city and get on the train from London then take a short taxi ride to the farm.
1st Sep – 20th Sep is Harvest Time and tickets cost £60pp. Gift vouchers who wish to attend during harvest will need top up £15pp. Guests will see the harvesting, hop picking machine in action and kilns in action during harvest.
Outside Harvest – You’ll see the hops on the farm, view the hop picking machine and kilns (not operating) and enjoy at Beer Tasting – £45pp
Whether you are an amateur hop enthusiast or brewing expert, our tour with Hukins Hops is a fantastic opportunity to see a modern hop farm producing hops in Kent.
The day starts with a tour out in the fresh air of the hop fields. You’ll tour the farm and understand the history behind the hops grown on site, along with the history of hop picking in Kent.
Learn how hops are selected, grown, picked and then brewed with and how they are so influential in the taste of first class beer all over the UK.
See the equipment that’s used to harvest the hops and dry them in modern hop kilns inside the newly built part of the farm that the team moved into in 2020.
Discover the world of hops and their relationships with craft beer as we finish off the day with a tasting of different beers styles and learn how different hops influence the finished flavour of beer styles. All beer tastings and expert tour guiding included.
Duration: 3 hours (approx)
Group size: 15 max (approx)
Dates: Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Take a guided stroll through a working hop farm. Get to know hops and how to grow them
- See where and discover how hops are picked and processed in a modern hop facility
- Experience a unique beer tasting learning the true relationship between aroma hops and craft beer
Kent is rich in hop growing and brewing history. Visiting the stunning and modern Hukins Hops estate you’ll see how a working hop farm is moving with the craft beer industry to produce a range of different hop varieties to suit the modern marker,
Tour the 18 foot high hop garden, visit the hops picking and processing facility to see how great British engineering combines with modern technology to pick 320,000 hop plants in just 30 days of harvest!
Finish in the on site tasting rooms where you will learn how the hops you have seen are selected, sampled. Finish with a craft beer tasting where you will discover which hops are your favourites and develop or further your understanding of modern craft beer.
- Beer tastings & guided hop farm tour
- Outside the Entrance to Hukins Hops
What to bring
- Your booking receipt or gift voucher
- ID card
- Comfortable outdoor shoes and rain jacket (check the weather!)
Know before you go
- The hop building and processing facility has step free access
- Times outside and insider may differ depending on the weather
- Late summer is when the hops will be in full bloom however tours take place all season.
Address: Hukins Hops Haffenden Farms, Bugglesden Rd, St Michaels, Tenterden, Hukins TN30 6TG
Hukins Hops also sell dried hop garlands available in late August – September available for purchase on their website.